I have to say I had so much fun planning my son’s first birthday. Yes, at times it was stressful but for the most part I was just simply so excited to celebrate this huge milestone. I definitely went all out and a little overboard but there was no limit to what I wanted to do for my son Greyson. He’s been an amazing baby, so easy going and sweet he deserved as much as we were able to give him. I started planning when he was about 6 months old and slowly bought and made decor over time. I think this really eased the stress of planning and also how much we were spending since it was all spread out so I would suggest planning as far ahead as you can when planning a party like this. I hope you guys enjoy what we did and Greyson, mommy and daddy love you beyond words. Thank you for being such an incredible son, you made this 1st year a breeze and we can’t wait to continue this beautiful and joyous journey with you. You’re the best and we are beyond blessed. Thank you for 12 perfect months and showing us what life is really about; family and love.
Party details: My husband and I decided to do an “Oh the places you’ll go” Dr. Seuss theme. We thought it was cute because we could play on travel and we’re a family that loves to travel. I mean, my husband and I lived and met in Shanghai China, enough said! We know that we will share our desire to see the world with our son and we’re so excited to have him as we journey through life. I also loved all the bright colors of the theme, it just makes you happy being in a nice bright colorful room! I just thought it was very fitting to us and just the perfect theme overall for our little guy. There were so many little details incorporated into his party some of the highlights were:
- The book signing table where everyone signed a copy of the book oh the places you’ll go. I had a framed photo of his birthday invite which I custom made an envelope liner with a picture of him in a hot air balloon, had his hospital blanket made into a bunny and a framed message with a Dr. Seuss rhyme encouraging people to come sign his book!
- We had a photo-booth area with a hot air balloon (wicker basket and geronimo balloon) and cloud backdrop. I had our babysitter take polaroid photos of every kid in the hot air balloon that they could take home with them that fit in the “Oh the places you’ll go” wooden suitcases I had custom made.
- Each kid also went home with a Dr. Seuss book that had a label on the side with Greyson’s invite photo, a quote from the book and GREYSON 1 on the spine.
- The cupcakes fromGeorgetown cupcakes had pictures from the book and pictures of Greyson on them
- We had a 1 embroidered on Greyson’s hat instead of the doing the traditional 1 on the shirt
- All the custom travel centerpieces made by Emily at Louise Georges-Yves who also did our baby shower (Dube Baby Shower) . Once again, she took this party above and beyond any of our expectations (Emily at Louise Georges-Yves). I’m not going to lie I started planning his party when he was about 6 months old and I am so very fortunate to have such a sweet talented friend to bounce ideas off of and help bring my crazy visions to life. Couldn’t have done it without you Em!
- The dessert table which was styled by Emily was beautifully decorated with globes, suitcases and all of the yummy food. She knocked it out of the park as always!
- Leave it to me to have this crazy idea of hot air balloon cake pops! Thank god one of my best friends has a super sweet and talented cousin that makes cake pops, it was meant to be. Thank you Monique @sweet_things_by_mo they were a huge hit being both beautiful & delicious!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET BOY.
You gave us the best year of our lives yet and we’re looking forward to many more. You truly are special and although we know you won’t remember this birthday we hope you see how much you are loved in these photos and felt all the love around you on that very special day.
We love you to the moon and back our little greygrey bear! xox